Thai Lettuce Wraps and Asparagus Bisque
Meal 1: Thai Lettuce Wraps and Sweet Potato Noodles with Asparagus and Pea Shoots
· NOTICE!!! There are two bags of lettuces. One has only lettuce, that is for the wraps. The other has radish and other greens, that is salad mix.
· Take the pork or TVP rice mixture and either heat gently in a saute pan to just warmed or even let it sit out for 20 or so minutes to come to room temp. Just before serving, check the seasoning and dress with a little Thai fish sauce if you have it, or maybe a little salt if you don't
· Toss the noodles with their garnishes in a bowl. Again, add a little fish sauce if you have it.
· Everyone should get several lettuce leaves. Spoon a little pork filling into the leaf, fold it like a taco and eat. This is finger food served family style.
· The noodles are great as a side dish, or rolled up into the lettuce wraps with the pork too. That's how we do it.
Meal 2: Asparagus Bisque, Cheddar-Dill Bread, Butterhead Lettuce Salad
· Warm the soup gently or serve chilled.
· Warm the bread and serve with butter.
· Tear up the lettuce leaves and slice the radish thin. Dress.