Sweet Corn Fritters and Pasta with Sweet Corn-Heirloom Tomato Crema
Meal 1: Sweet Corn Fritters, Sautéed Green Beans w. Smoked Paprika Butter, Pinto Beans with Green Chile
· Empty the fritter batter into a mixing bowl. Add a pinch or two of salt and mix. If the mixture is very loose or watery add a little flour to bind it. If it is too tight, add a few drops of water.
· Heat some oil or other fat over medium in non-stick or well seasoned sauté pan. When the oil is hot add dollops of batter. CAREFUL!!! Some kernels will pop and spatter the oil. Allow to fry a minute or so to brown and set up. Use 2 spatulas to carefully turn the fritters and cook the other side. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and cool a bit. Serve. Expect 3 fritters per share.
· Melt the paprika butter in a sauté pan, when melted and beginning to foam add the beans. Toss to coat and heat through. 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
· Heat the pinto beans in the sauté pan stirring to combine and mopping up the remainder of the paprika butter!
Meal 2: Pasta Shells with Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes and Sweet Corn-Chevre Crema, Eggplant-Lima Bean Pan Roast, Summercrisp Lettuce Salad
· Heat the Lima beans gently in a sauté pan, folding to combine.
· Heat the crema in a sauté pan. When it comes to a simmer add the pasta and stir all to combine well. Allow to simmer a bit them serve. Add a little water only if necessary and adjust the seasoning.
· Dress and serve the salad.