Meal 1: Sweet and Sour Meatballs or White Bean 'Sliders' with Cabbage, Red Pepper, and Fennel & Roasted Potatoes with Sage Butter
· Vegetarian: Heat a seasoned or nonstick pan over medium high. Add a very little bit of oil, if any (do not heat a non-stick pan without oil!). I actually like these toasted more than fried. When the pan is hot, spoon out the white bean mixture in about golf ball portions into the pan. Work in batches if necessary to not crowd the pan. Allow to brown 2-3 minutes, then flip. They should flatten on both sides like little patties. Serve beside the cabbage mix.
· Heat the cabbage/ pepper mixture in a sauce pan over medium. Add a little water to thin slightly, adjust the seasoning and heat.
· Omnivores: After thinning the cabbage mix, carefully place the meatballs atop/ slightly nestled into the veg/ sauce. Lid the pan and simmer gently for 7-10 minutes to allow everything to heat through and marry. Serve when hot.
· Heat a little oil/fat in a well seasoned/ nonstick pan over medium high. When hot, carefully add the chunks of potato. Do not crowd the pan. Give the pan an initial shake than let the pieces brown. Stir occasionally to brown evenly. When browned and hot, add the knob(s) of sage butter. Allow to melt, heat, become fragrant and coat the potatoes. Serve.
Meal 2: Roasted Tomato Bisque, Cheddar Bread, Frissee with Spicy Greens
· Heat the soup in a saucepan. Allow to just simmer and serve.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress and serve the salad.