Rice Bowl and Pan Roast
Meal 1: Latin Rice Bowl: Banana Leaf Roasted Pork or Kidney Beans in Molé, Roasted Pumpkin with Green Chiles, Black Rice Salad
· Microwave the pork briefly to get it out of the jar, then heat the pork through in a lidded sauce pan with a splash of water over medium low heat. You can also coarsely shred the chunks and fry them in their fat ( add some oil or butter or bacon fat too if necessary ) in a sauté pan over medium high. Just crisp up one side and serve when hot through - this is 'carnitas' style.
· Heat the beans in a sauce pan over medium. Allow to simmer about 5 minutes - reducing the sauce and allowing it to darken.
· Heat the pumpkin in a sauté pan with some butter. Toss and allow to heat through.
· Heat the rice in a hot pan with some oil. Allow the rice to become fragrant and brown a little. Toss, season, and serve under the veggies and pork.
Meal 2: Fingerling Potato and Sweet Corn Pan Roast, Sautéed Snug Haven Collard Greens
· Heat the pan roast in a sauce pan or skillet. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for 3-5 minutes.
· Sauté the collards in a pan with some butter or other tasty fat. Sprinkle with salt and serve.