Pot au Feu and Chick Pea-Potato Thajine
Meal 1: Roast Pork or Baby Lima Bean Pot au Feu and Whole Wheat-Fennel Batard
· Vegetarian: Carefully heat the beans and vegetables over medium heat in a sauce pan. Allow to simmer 3-5 minutes. Serve.
· Omnivore: Either carefully simmer the pork in the vegetables and broth, as above OR Remove the pork and break into large shreds. Heat butter or other fat ( or cook off chunks of bacon in a sauce pan. When hot or the bacon is crisp and has rendered it's fat, add the pork pieces and allow to brown and crisp lightly like carnitas in the fat. Turn the pieces to brown the other side. When browned add the vegetables and their broth. Allow to simmer about 3 minutes and serve. Add more liquid if necessary and adjust the seasoning. A lid may speed the heating process.
· Warm the bread and serve.
Meal 2: Chick Pea and Potato Thajine w. Israeli Couscous and Mixed Greens Salad
· Heat the chick peas and allow to simmer. Stir in the herbs and oil cured tomato being sure they infuse the dish.
· Heat a little butter or olive oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. When hot but not smoking add the couscous. Toss. Allow to become hot and fragrant. About 2 minutes.
· Serve the thajine atop the couscous in dishes.
· Dress and serve the salad on the side.