Pad Thai and Cannelloni
Meal 1: Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni w. or w/out Italian Sausage Crumbles, Marinara Sauce and Sesame-Semolina Flax
· Heat the cannelloni filling in short bursts in the microwave to warm. Ditto the marinara.
· Lay out the crepes and the divide the filling evenly among them - they will be fat! Roll them up and transfer to a baking dish. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes to heat through and crisp the crepes.
· Top with the warmed sauce and bake 5 minutes more.
· Warm the bread and serve with the good olive oil.
Meal 2: Pad Thai and Daikon Radish Quick-Pickle
· Warm the meat/sauce briefly in a microwave.
· Rinse the noodles in a colander and drain very, very well.
· Heat a little oil in a non stick or well seasoned large skillet.
· Carefully add the drained noodles. They will splatter loudly - use caution but be fearless! Stir and fry until they go from cloudy to clear. Larger shares should work in batches. Add the sauce and stir to combine and heat through. Transfer to a serving platter.
· Reheat and oil the pan. When hot add the vegetable mix. Stir fry until brightened and wilted. Season with a pinch of salt or fish sauce and serve atop the noodles.
· Season the pickle with a little sugar right before serving and serve chilled.