Heirloom Tomato Ragu and Cabbage Curry
Meal 1: Heirloom Tomato Ragu and Pesto-Ricotta w. Pasta, Millet-Whole Wheat Batard, Summercrisp Salad
· Remove the pesto-ricotta from the top of the jar carefully. If it has discolored to a brownish hue, that is OK, it is just oxidization of the basil. It can be unsightly, but is harmless and really can't be helped. Reserve.
· Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high. When just hot add the ragu and stir. Allow to heat through and combine.
· Microwave the pasta briefly to get the chill out then add to the pan with the ragu. Toss to combine, heat and coat the noodles. Fold in the ricotta and serve.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Cabbage Curry, Cucumbers Pickled w. Fresh Turmeric and Yogurt, Rice and Lentils w. Green Beans
· Heat a little butter in a sauté pan. When hot add the rice/lentils. Toss. Season lightly and allow to heat through. Serve.
· Heat the cabbage curry to a simmer. Simmer 1 minute. Serve atop the rice.
· Serve cucumbers on the side.