Equinox Stew and Apple-Chevre Blintzes
Meal 1: Equinox Stew, Round Challah, Green Gem and Frissee Salad
· Heat the Stew.
· Warm the challah and serve with soft butter and a drizzle of honey.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Roasted Apple & Almond-Chevre Blintzes, Kamut Salad w. Sultanas and Honey Vinaigrette, Tzimmus
· Set out the crepes. 2 per share.
· Remove and reserve the chevre mix from atop the apples.
· Microwave the apples briefly to get the chill out.
· Divide the chevre evenly among the crepes arranging it just below the middle of the crepe, as a horizontal rectangle. Arrange the apples similarly, atop the chevre. Fold the sides of the crepe over the filling. Then fold up the bottom, and roll the blintzes up like little burritos.
· Heat a little butter over medium in a sauté pan. When hot, but not smoking add the blintzes, seam side down to the butter and brown lightly - about 1 minute. Flip and brown the opposite side. Serve.
· Heat the tzimmus -(braised carrots, squash, and dates) in a sauté pan or saucepot. You should add a little water and allow the dish to simmer and heat through. Check the seasoning and serve.
· Serve the kamut at room temp.