Eggplant with Tofu and Sweet Corn Enchiladas
Meal 1: Sweet Corn - Pinto Bean Enchiladas with Cucumber-Tomato Salad
· Microwave the enchiladas and sauce. Just get the chill out or the enchis but heat the sauce all the way through.
· Warm the enchis at 350° for about 20 minutes to crisp the tortillas and warm the interior enough to melt the cheese. Top with the sauce and heat 5 minutes more.
· Fold the tomatoes and cucumbers together, check the seasoning and serve chilled.
Meal 2: Braised Eggplant and Tofu with Vegetable Fried Rice
· Heat a large nonstick or well seasoned skillet with oil over high.
· Remove the egg from the rice and reserve.
· When smoking hot add the rice, in batches if necessary to not crowd the pan. Stir and fry to lightly brown, and heat the rice. Transfer to a serving platter.
· Re-oil and heat the pan. Add the vegetables. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir fry. When bright and lightly wilted, add the cooked rice and toss together to combine. Serve on the platter, garnished with the egg ribbons.
· Turn the pan to medium heat.
Gently but thoroughly shake the eggplant/ tofu jar until the sauce is in full suspension. Pour into the hot pan and stir allow the sauce to thicken and heat through. About 1 minute. Serve.