Bread Salad and Baby Turnips in Coconut Milk
Meal 1: Panzanella with Assorted Garnishes and Rhubarb Crisp
· Remove the greens from their bag and arrange in a large platter or bowl, tearing them as needed. Add the garnishes.
· Arrange the crutons on a baking pan and bake at 350° until the edges are crisp but the insides are still soft. Maybe 10 minutes. Alternately, toast them on each side in a pan with a little oil, butter, or bacon fat. Add them to the bowl with the other salad elements. Toss and add a little oil and vinegar as needed, check the seasoning and serve.
· Give the crisp a quick zap in the microwave to get the chill out then heat in the oven at 325° for 10-25 minutes depending on share size or until hot. Serve. I'll maybe pick up some vanilla ice cream or make whipped cream for this one.
Meal 2: Baby Turnips and their Greens in Coconut Milk, Saag Paneer, Kidgeree
· Warm the turnips gently and serve when warmed through.
· Remove the paneer ( cheese chunks) from their jar. Heat a little oil in a sauté pan over medium. A nonstick pan is best. When hot add the cheese and brown the pieces lightly on several sides, moving the pieces around as necessary. When browned add the remainder of the jar and allow to heat through. Transfer to a serving dish.
· Wipe out the pan and reheat with some oil. When hot add the rice dish ( the kidgeree). Sauté allowing the rice/lentils to brown lightly, heat through, and become fragrant. Serve.