Big Fat Burrito and Potato-Scape Soup
Meal 1: Big Fat Early Summer Burrito w. Asparagus, Roasted Pork and Pepper Jack Cheese Chile Rice w. Sweet Corn and Herbs
· Heat a little oil or butter in a saute pan. When hot add the rice. Stir and toss. Allow to get hot and even brown lightly. Stir, season, and serve hot.
· Heat the burrito briefly in the microwave to get the chill out. Then either bake at 350° for about 10 minutes to heat through and crisp the shell OR heat a generous quantity of fat or oil in a pan and pan fry them to make stovetop chimichangas. When the oil is hot but not smoking add the burrito ( microwaved as above) seam side down. Brown over medium heat - about 1 minute. Use tongs to turn to the opposite side and repeat for all 4 sides until the burrito is deeply golden brown and crisp. Amazing with sour cream or yogurt and hot sauce.
Meal 2: Potato-Garlic Scape Soup, Semolina Batard, and Bibb Lettuce Salad
· The soup is great chilled or warm.
· Warm the bread and serve with a little good olive oil on the side.
· Dress the salad, tearing large leaves to size first.